● Meet with Recruitment & Retention Division Personnel and Submit Membership
● Determine if Barnegat Fire is right for you
● Complete Formal Board Interview
● Receive, Complete, and Submit NJ State Firemen's Associationapplication
● Complete Background Investigation
● Complete Finger
● Complete Physical Exam
● Complete New Jersey
Firefighter I course within 12 months of joining
If any of the information you have just read appeals to you, and you would like a challenging career in the Fire Service, contact our Recruitment and Retention Division at commercial (609) 698-6766 (option 3) or E-Mail membership [at ] station11 [dot] org.
Download the Barnegat Fire Company Membership Application Packet by clicking HERE.
Recruitment & Retention
Joining Barnegat Volunteer Fire Company No. 1
Thank you for your interest in joining Barnegat Volunteer Fire Company No.1. The Company is actively recruiting both experienced and inexperienced individuals who wish to serve as either a Firefighter or Fire Police Officer in Barnegat Township, Ocean County, New Jersey.
Being a firefighter can be a very rewarding experience for anyone who is dedicated, hardworking, caring and compassionate. We are looking for dedicated individuals who have a desire to serve their community, help their fellow neighbors, and become part of a brotherhood/sisterhood that's overarching goal is to protect Barnegat Township and its residents from emergency incidents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you have the desire we will help with the rest. Membership opportunities exist for both operational and administrative members.
If you think you have it in you to become a firefighter with the BVFC... keep reading.
● Minimum age 16 years old
● No Criminal Background
● Good Physical and Mental condition
● Ability to respond to emergency incidents
● Ability to attend and participate in Company Meetings / Training / Drills
● Ability to participate in fundraising events
Barnegat Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 offers it's members many attractive benefits. Fire service experience that can't be duplicated in any other area of the country is one of the biggest attractions to our Company. We offer specialized training and certification in a broad range of fire service related areas such as Rapid Intervention, Truck and Engine Company Operations, Water Rescue, Technical Rescue, Emergency Medical Care, Forest Firefighting, and much more...
Additional Benefits Include
● Free Fire/Rescue and EMS Training and Certifications
● State of New Jersey Fireman’s Relief Association Membership
● Length of Service Awards Program – Retirement Account
● Opportunities for advancement
● College tuition assistance through Ocean County Community College